My thoughts on GWT.create 2015 in Munich 28 Jan 2015
I had the chance to go to GWT.create 2015 in Munich, let me give you my feedbacks about it. But first big thanks to my company MYCOM-OSI for offering me the ticket.
- New GWT brand visual identity rocks ! Check-out the new logo/web site GWT
- GWT community seems vivid. I am glad I chose to keep using it 2 years ago, when I changed company.
- GWT core seems better than ever (faster compilation time, GSS, JsInterop etc.).
- Focus does not seem to be on making cross browser widgets anymore but more on improving the core and let people do whatever they want with it. They will probably no longer provide good practices inside the framework as they did before with Activities and Places for example.
- GWT will be able to leverage new web technonologies more easily in the future (Web components, any js libraries).
- Very excited about JsInterop, will definitly try it for highcharts4gwt
- Sencha seems to be back in the game with GXT. It seems they are willing to put more effort into it and they have hired some new developers, amoung them David Chandler. There is clearly a space to fill for frameworks helping build entreprise desktop application more efficiently.
- RestyGWT is getting a lot of attention, the room was full for David Chandler presentation. I am glad I chose this framework 2 years ago and that I contributed a little bit to that project :)
- Too many good conference to see them all !
- Munich is a very expensive city (61 euros for the taxi between airport and hotel …)
- Happy I have seen snow this winter, climate is not changing for everybody !